Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fashion la-la-love: Striped dresses

My friends always roll my eyes at me when I start gushing about the newest "optical illusion" dress that I'm currently drooling over. To me, it's an accurate nickname, because stripes create an optical illusion on the body, right? Done right, they can make your breasts look bigger, your waist look smaller, or your body look taller!
Lining Up to See DressCheck Matte Dress
Bay Navigator DressOp Art Gallery Dress
Look at what all of these dresses do for the body! I love the way that the designers manipulated the fabric to use the effect of the stripes to their fullest.
Here are two more, and I actually own both of these "optical illusion" dresses:

Reciting Lines DressSudden Celebration Dress
All of the dresses pictured here can be purchased from modcloth.com. It's probably the website that I spend most of my time on.
I do realize that the second of these dresses is chevron, but as far as I'm concerned, chevron is merely a variation of stripes.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment